SDS (Italian PNRM)
Project acronym: SDS
Project full title: Smart Dust Sensing (SDS) for stand off detection of trace explosives and chemical agents
Funding: the project is financially supported by the Italian Ministry of Defense through the PNRM
Area: Smart Sensors
- Stand off detection of chemical agents and explosives
- Developing ‘smart targets’ to enhance substantially the performance of a laser based IR system for stand off detection of CWAs and explosives
- Role of CREO
- Main technology provider.
- Sensing solution / Technology
- The smart targets are functionalized with cavitands as molecular receptors and are patterned with gold micro-dots for Surface Enhanced InfraRed Spectroscopy.
Breadboards of the smart target and the stand-off system tested succesfully at a distance of 2 m with 500 ng of DNT.
BACK TO ARCHIVE