ROCSAFE (EU H2020)
Project acronym: ROCSAFE
Project full title: Remotely Operated CBRNe Scene Assessment and Forensic Examination
Funding: the project is financially supported by the European Union’s Horizon 2020 program
Area: Smart Sensors
- Mobile, remotely controlled technologies to examine a crime scene in case of an accident or a terrorist attack.
- The overall goal of ROCSAFE is to fundamentally change how CBRNe events are assessed, in order to ensure the safety of crime scene investigators by reducing the need for them to enter high-risk scenes when they have to determine the nature of threats and gather forensics.
- Role of CREO
- Development of two chemical sensors, one for use onboard mini-drones, the other onboard RGVs.
- Sensing solution / Technology developed by CREO
- C sensor for use onboard RGVs (GC-QEPAS sensor):
- Sensing based on fast gas chromatography (FAST GC) and Quartz Enhanced Photo-Acoustic Spectroscopy (QEPAS)
- GC column on m-machined silicon
- MIR QCL laser source
- Miniaturized QEPAS cell
- Chemical sensor fo use onboard minidrones (LIRAS sensor)
- Sensing based on MEMS-based pre-concentration and Dispersive IR Absorption Spectroscopy
- MEMS IR source
- MEMS-based concentration cartridge
- IR hollow fiber as analysis cell
- Spectral analysis by diffraction grating coupled to a thermo-pile array of 128 elements
A GC-QEPAS sensor prototype of total weight < 15 Kg tested succesfully with CWAs and simulants even in the presence of interferents like solvents and fuels; Limits of Detection of 10s ppb; response time > 10 min. A LIRAS sensor prototype weighting < 1 Kg tested succesfully with a variety of volatile compounds with few ppm sensitivity.
Web site: ROCSAFE
- Brochure GC-QEPAS sensor
- Brochure LIRAS sensor
- GC-QEPAS sensor on RGV
- Sensors on RGV
BACK TO ARCHIVE