RISEN (EU H2020)
Project acronym: RISEN
Project full title: Real-tIme on-site forenSic tracE qualificatioN
Funding: the project is financially supported by the European Union’s Horizon 2020 program
Area: Smart Sensors
- Technologies to enhance the fight against crime and terrorism
- The aim of the RISEN project is the development of a set of realtime contactless sensors for the optimization of the trace, detection, visualisation, identification and interpretation on site, with a consequent reduction of the time and resources in the laboratory, and for a fast exchange of information among LEAs.
- Role of CREO
- Development of a hand-portable sensor for the analysis of volatile chemical compounds.
- Sensing solution / Technology
- Sensing based on fast gas chromatography (FAST GC) and Quartz Enhanced Photo-Acoustic Spectroscopy (QEPAS)
- Compact all MEMS-based FAST GC separation module (developed by CNR-IMM Bologna)
- Widely tunable MIR QCL source
- Home-designed miniaturized QEPAS cell, fabricated by additive manufacturing
Web site: RISEN
BACK TO ARCHIVE